“This recipe is part of a collection for my father, who is a heart patient and loves interesting food. So,not only is it really healthy, but as its marinated and grilled with pesto sauce, its a treat which ticks all the right boxes…”
- 6 white fish fillets (around 300 grams)
- 3 tbsp pesto
- 6 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 3 tbsp olives (sliced)
- 1 tbsp chilly flakes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 – 2 tbsp brine from the olives
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Mix all the ingredients excepting the fish and the brine
- Add as much brine as is required to make a sticky coating
- Coat the fish on all sides with pesto mixture, cover the fish with cling film and leave it in the fridge for between 1 – 3 hours.
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 degrees C
- Lightly oil a baking tray and layer the fish
- Bake the fish for 10 – 12 minutes till they are brown and crispy ( in the middle shelf)
- Eat hot sprinkled with some lime juice
- Do leave the fish with the pesto coating for at least 1 hour, as then it absorbs all the flavours.
- I use whole wheat bread crumbs, fresh or dried, either will work well.